Embassy of the Republic of Korea and Center for Advanced Economic Studies (CEVES) organized a conference “Economies of Korea and Serbia: Ways of potential collaboration and sharing knowledge” in the Hotel “Metropol” on October 14th 2015.
The objective of the conference was the exchange of knowledge and experience between the representatives of government, economy, academic community, financial institutions and other relevant figures in the economies of Serbia and Korea, which will enable the policymakers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the planning process and decision-making in the field of economic reforms, private sector development and improvement of the collaboration between the two countries.
Main topics were the current situation and the future of economic reforms in Serbia, characteristics and particularities of Korean reforms and its industrial policies, and the present economic cooperation between the two countries, and also the room for further growth and strengthening of this collaboration.
- Daehaeng Kim, IMF Resident Representative for Serbia
- Milojko Arsic, Professor of Faculty of Economics and Editor-in-Chief of the Quarterly Monitor
- Gongpil Choi, Senior Advisor, Korea Institute of Finance (KIF)
- Sang Joon Lee, Professor of Kookmin University and Visiting Research Scholar of Samsung Economic Research Institute (SERI)
- Bojan Jankovic, International Cooperation advisor of the Serbia Investment and Export Promotion Agency (SIEPA)